Do you struggle with the early stages of a new project? Do you have too many ideas and don’t know which direction to go in, or do you seem to have run dry? Nine brilliant musicians reflect on how to stay focussed and productive when you are working on new material.
Featuring interviews with Brian Eno, Carly Paradis, Cassie Kinoshi, Ed O’Brien, Errollyn Wallen, Lowkey, Isobel Waller-Bridge, Tristan Landymore & Yazz Ahmed.
1. It can be scary at first
2. You may not know where you’re headed
3. Being playful, curious, receptive, ready
4. If you are feeling overwhelmed, maybe you’re trying to do too much
5. Experiment with different way of getting started
6. Tricking yourself into working
7. Collaborating on new ideas
8. Your ideas may get transformed, thrown away or revisited
9. Don’t judge yourself too early, just get on with it
10. Relax: Dreaming up tunes is not rocket science
11. Ideas can come from anywhere
12. Be honest